Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Don't Touch Nobody!

Grace and Peace

This seems to be a day when my patience is at its minimum. The next person who says something to me that my heart doesn't agree with, might find themselves in dire straights. See, I am trying to play that grown woman role...but these people are making things 'round here hard for a sister!

This must be Fuck wit Bliss day! Well, I ain't feeling this Holiday. I have been trying to play it cool, but the top of my head is on fire and I am about to blow up. This job shit, is not the business. I felt like cursing everyone out and then walk my happy ass out the door and knock some shit down on my way. I kept it cool though, my moma taught me how to act in public. See, Moma told me to act my age and not my color.

But, I am begging these people not to take me there. Tonight when I go home to my resting place, I will be calm and lay my head. I will surround myself in candlelight, make a personal cup of Chai Tea, let my soul write for me, let miles play for me and a screening of The Color Purple might be in order.

I will forget the hardening, trying day and be at peace

That is all that matters, right?

No comments: