Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ahhhh The Joy!

I decided to the visit the Ice House last night. To see if I had missed anything, if any poet was talking about something new and explosive to the mind. I wanted to see if any poet would set the stage on fire and light up the walls. I wanted to see how hot the mic would get, if the room would steam up and if the paint that lined the walls would melt like ice cubes in the mid-day. I wanted to see if any poet would get excited and clap their hands together, stump their feet on the wooden stage, if any poet would have to step back from the mic in order to catch their breath. I wanted to see if any poet would with their voice stop the world from spinning on its axis and cause the clouds to sleep on the bottom of earth. I had to know if anyone would understand the damn poet just once, if anyone would care to walk with them there, if anyone would stand in honor of the pain, love, dignity, sorrow that the poet was spitting. I wanted to know if some spittle perhaps landed on someones insides and simply caused them to break!

The joy of us poets almost getting there....the joy!

1 comment:

elaine x said...

rock on ... just some innocent blog surfing and find a poet sister in my new home base of sin city ... will definitely try the event in august ... would love to know if there is poetry in this town ... i have not been to the ice house ...
thanks for being there ... i mean here ...
peace & harmony,
elaine
'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'