Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Da Future of Poetry

The crowd slowly filled the joint. Cafe De Tout was the perfect place with the perfect atmosphere. I watched the poets bless the mic and I even had a go at it myself. I was trying to decide which poet would be welcomed to the $10 dollars that I had in my purse. I had made up in my mind that I would just run to the bank if I had the urge to buy more than one CD.

I was sitting patiently waiting for the next poet to grab the mic and claim it as their own. I was sitting close to the stage, I had to arch my back and look up in order to see the poet. The host, Husbandman, introduced the last Headliner for the night and in a humble manner the Future of poetry emerged.

Beautiful locs twisted back into a ponytail, creamy rich chocolate skin and down to earth as he could ever be. He was cool...He begin to speak and my mind was made up. I wanted to understand the Future of Poetry...What it meant to live in his skin. That was my CD for the night.

I could barely wait to get home so that I could give all of my attention to him. Instead he demanded it and with no hesitation I gave it to him. A connected brother is he, connected to earth, God and society. I have to give respect where respect is due, a strong believer in the sustainer above, I respect that too. Who knew that this young cat born in 79 could bore knowledge and wisdom at his trying age.

Future I compliment you, with my head bowed.

Your heavenly father does believe that Jr. you are all right.

Grace and Peace

Bliss

No comments: