Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Birth of The Cool

I have discovered Miles! Miles Davis...That brotha is beyond cool, beyond dynamic, beyond innovative! He opens me and takes me on a journey through universal translation. His music is enough to open up healed wounds and declare that they are still alive and still there. I envy his power of transformation and the fact that no one piece of work sounds the same.

During my study time I take a break and let Miles take me to where-ever it is that he is going. I let him take me by the hand and guide me through ghetto streets and smelly coffee shops and the faces of ugly women that he dare not look at. I see him- yeah, I see him playing on top of buildings and beside trees. I see him, while stating, performing, living my poetry. He is every poem in motion, he brings alive everything that is still. Miles, my man Miles is real!

No comments: