Monday, September 18, 2006

The Vibe is Live

Ahhhhhhhhh... and it was refreshing!

I did, I swear that I did - miss home. The smiling face of my mother who brews coffee early and has so much to talk about so soon. The inquiries from my sisters, they want to know how was it and how was he. The worried look on my brother's faces diminish as I walk calmly and speak sweetly to them.

My reply: It was good, all good. Everything was good.

I felt a certain comfortableness, if you will. Love was all about how much your fingertips could take if only you could reach out and touch it. I thank them! The Vibe was Live and even my words can not conjure up enough...enough...enough, to make you understand or even bear what happens in the secret of my poetry. A few days in Arizona gave me more than enough to call home about. I wanted to sit under trees and drink tea and sliced up grass leaves. I wanted to crawl in that space that is me and talk to you about it while sitting cross-legged under our favorite picnic table. (Ahhhhh...when was the last time I had a picnic.)

It was all satisfying and all gratifying and did it replenish me? Yes, I would have to say that it did. The Vibe was Live! And so was she, you know her Miss. Thang! Beautiful she is! I promise you, she was graceful. As beautiful as poetry to me. She didn't wear her age in her skin or in her hair or in her walk or in her talk - Her WISDOM resonates from within. Miss. Thang can I hang with you, latch on to you and share this world of poetry with you? Dance poetry on table tops with you, braid my hair and tell me what you know, learn from you...I want to open up the world and invite you to be my sister - in poetry.

Many, many, many thanks to you for showing me some love.

No comments: