Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Some tricks I do love!

Grace and Peace

This weekend I found myself loving more than I ever have before. This weekend was one of pure beauty, graceful words and more love than I could hold. You remember when you would ask a friend for some of their sunflower seeds, how you would cup both hands together and still some of the seeds spilled out of your cupped hands. I felt this way on Sunday - but let me go back and tell you about Saturday.


  • Saturday - I was trying my best to be on time and yet and still I was late. I felt bad because I invited some friends and they were there before me. I wasn't there to greet them, instead they greeted me. It wasn't all bad though, because guess who showed up at the exact time as I did (did you guess?), the hosts of the show! So while waiting for the show to start, I had the chance to sit and chat with my friends, meet new people and learn more about some old people. Guess what - the show was supposed to start at 8:00pm, I don't think that the show started until like 10:00pm. I could have been furious, if I had been asked to feature. But I was just in the audience trying to listen to the poetry (something that I don't get to do very often anymore). The story doesn't end there. My brother in poetry enjoyed a few beers, I enjoyed a gyro (with fries fried way too damn hard- never again) and my friends enjoyed a Hookah. While I was trying to enjoy my Gyro and my Woo Woo (alcoholic drink) I was asked if I would read. I said no, but guess who ended up reading anyway- you got it, me. The night wasn't all bad - my friend who had never seen me perform before - saw me be myself for the very first time.
  • Sunday - I was ready to go to church - though I woke up with a headache. There was singing, dancing, foot tapping, hands clapping and an amen here and there. Time with God was good for me and good to me. I don't know if my pastor knows how much he has helped me grow - I will tell him one day. There was a blessing that the church received on this Sunday - we will be moving to the new building and the Moulin Rouge(though it has been good to us) can miss us! It is hot in there, but God blesses even in the heat! (Sending a shout out to my family at the Zion Cathedral)!
  • Still Sunday - I had to hurry and get away from the church on this Sunday, because I had some things to do. I did not stay long after I asked that Pastor bless some oil for me. Sunday was the 5th annual Back 2 School Weeeeeny Roast! Last year about the same time, Pastor Cox had given me the task of blessing all of the children in the family before they went to school. This year my sister thought that we would do something different, she brought bracelets that had printed on them: Faith, Hope and Dream. I would have the task of praying over each bracelet and then presenting them to the students. (Heavy)

I have to go, but I will continue this later in the day.

Grace and Peace

Bliss

No comments: