Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A little Q & A

I have a secret.

A secret that I must tell.

In time, (if time permits) I will tell.

It was really kind of funny, and sweet, and new...

In love? No, not yet.

In strong like? No, not yet.

Do you even like...him? Yes, I do. With a few maybes dangling from my mind and a few questions here and then there.

The thing is...we fight and then we make up. And then we fight again and then we make up again.

Okay and then we talk, him laying on his backside, face and eyes scoping the ceiling. While I lay my head gently be-tween his upper belly and chest, we talk about our last night, and our yesterdays and what we dream of for tomorrow.

Surely, it was nice.

I fit perfectly in the spaces that he left open for me. Like the pocket in-between his arm and armpit. Comfortably in the shadow formed from his back. I slept there and he didn't even know it.

I didn't tell him, but I liked looking at him just as much as he liked looking at himself. Although, I think that more than anything I was looking for something inside of him. Something that I could wrap around my finger and hold on to. All of my strings went left untied. I was steadily searching for something in him...I asked a lot of questions. Most went unanswered.

He doesn't know, but I observed him at every turn. The way he walked, the way he talked, what made him laugh, what made him mad, what made his eyes light up, what he appreciated, how when he was really listening he held his lips tight, how when he was alert his ears lifted slightly, his breath was always sweet on me, his touch was soft (even when he thought he was being rough) and a kiss from him never took a disrespectful turn.

We are astrological twins. Leos in our own right. Though, still man and woman, we have differences. I, the hopeless romantic. He, sleeps on planet clue-less. He, the attentive one. I, slightly withdrawn and unaware. However, together we might fuse, maybe.

Afraid to have him in my life?

No, honestly I don't mind.

Is cruising better than speeding?

Yes, I think that this one I will take slow. Feel him out, don't turn him down so quickly as I often do.

Do you think that you all should just be friends?

No, friends first. Then I will ride the wave to wherever it lets me off at.

For now, questions are dangling from my mind and answers are hard to find.

No comments: