Tuesday, December 05, 2006

What I have been working on...

My blog suffers because of school, work and this:


There was something about truth and time, something left wandering around on my insides or taking a hours sleep on the tip of my tongue. Knocking over the less important and then, there standing in a place, created by its ownself. Somehow, I always seem to get the two mixed up...time and truth-their significance becomes tangled and one of them eventually rots. A soothing rot, bound with pleasure and wrapped in strong leaves and vines. I miss home and that, yes, that is my truth. Where times belongs at this time, is a question I dare not know the answer to. It may be skipping over beats or hanging on to the end of poetical stanzas. I may have left it vibing in the venue or sleeping on the church pew. I know that my true truth is that I, yes I, miss home.

I think that maybe it will be there when I walk in the door and there will be a surprise for me. A great surprise...something like a Christmas tree in July heat or a fresh garden planted in the middle of my living spaces. Where will time go then? Crouching deep below the frozen ice of its own damning time. Because even in time, time loses time.

I used to get upset with him when he would label me a clock watcher, the keeper of time or the counter. Now he doesn't say anything, he reads aloud in his study room with the door slowly creeping to an ajar position. He reads aloud to tune me out or to hear his ownself speak. I let loose the chains of time and he, well he is still driven by the foregoing tick tock of the clock.

No comments: