Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Heavy?

" How come it can't fly no better than a chicken?"
"Too much tail. All that jewelry weighs it down. Like vanity. Can't nobody fly with all that shit. Wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down."

Thank you Ms. Morrison - you know, for the words. As disturbing as they are - they are at the same time, in the same place and as the same moment powerful.

I picked "Song of Solomon" for my first Summer read. I wish that the second book I pick is as powerful, if not even more. A book that has surely evoked some type of whimsical thinking in my heart and mind. When I complete all the words that are listed in the 15 chapter book, I will blog about it again. For now, I will try to rid myself of all of the heavy shit that weighs me down.

Grace and Peace

No comments: