Tuesday, December 26, 2006

NiggerNot

NiggerNot - because I am Not a Nigger!
Love
Bliss
Did the NiggerNot rule pass?
Young Boi says: You can be my Nig, My Nigga, The Nig, The Big Nigga, The Nica, The Head Nigga...but I can not be a "Nigger"
because a Nigger...I am not.
Old Boi says: Well...lets think about the derivative of the word. If Nig, Nica and Nigga came from Nigger; is it all the same?
Young Boi says: Naw...it ain't the same. Black people are creative people and see what we have done is take the word twist it and cultivate it and made it our own. Much like we do with many words.
Old Boi says: I hear that and I can dig that. But, brotha...Do you understand how much more powerful you can be if wouldn't let this society have such a hold on your mind. See, cuz whether you know it or not...that word use to be insulting to your ancestors and they fought...so you didn't have to live with being called a "Nigger"
Young Boi says: Ain't nobody calling me a "NIGGER"! It i s different when the homie calls me his Nig, that mean he love me and I am his boi. When a white person call you a "Nigger", then they are acting like their ancestors and trying to insult me as a person. I ain't nobody's "Nigger"
Old Boi says: Well...if you ain't a "Nigger" then who...are...you?
Young Boi says: I am a man. I am who my name says I am!
Old Boi says: Is your name Nig, Nigga or Nica?
Young Boi says: No
Old Boi says: Then you ain't nobody's Nigga, Nig or Nica. How do you love dat?

3 comments:

field negro said...

Nice post!!! You had me thinking.

...they call me "L" said...

Peace Bliss.Really appreciate this post.Can't stand the use of this word,regardless of the form it takes or the color of the person who utters it.Blessed new year to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

(LARGE exhale...) I'm tryin'. I'm on day/week, without using it on my blog. Check the stats. I's a tryin', boss.