Wednesday, August 30, 2006

For You

Grace and Peace

I spoke to a friend yesterday (a friend of mine that often frequents this blog) and he confided in me about some issues that he is having with poetry. I know that he will read this and I wanted to let him know something:

My dear friend,

How are you today? I hope that all is well with you. I am fine, you know how I do. Anyway, the conversation that we had on yesterday has been on my mind. First, I wanted to thank you for coming to me with your problem and thank you for allowing me to offer up a few words of advice. Your art is indeed you art and if you don't respect it then no one else will. You have to take pride in your self, before anyone else will.

I am going to implore you to challenge yourself in this trying time. Your heart may be misguided and your words might seem astray. It is okay for you to stay there for a quick minute, but the idea is for you to come out of this slump stronger. If we didn't have down time, we wouldn't have a chance to arise. If you didn't have any issues then you wouldn't be a poet. You are more complex than you know. You are more that just an open mic, your heart is an open book. Learn from this time - read, write, live and give to you. As we so often give ourselves to others. Seek inspiration from other avenues of life. You were writing a longtime before you set your foot in a poetry venue.

So, How are you today? I hope that all is well with you. I am fine, you know how I do!

Bliss

No comments: