Friday, August 11, 2006

Bless Me

I have come to realize that I can not continue to let people do whatever they please in my life. People come into my home and rearrange my furniture, move bars of soap to places outside of the shower, they place my Cds on the back seat of my car (when I honestly like for them to be upfront), they come into my heart and place themselves in places that I never wanted them to be. Today and from now on, I LIVE for me.

There is a time to lay down some ground rules. A time to get a fresh start, a time to let them know that you really don't need them coming into your life fucking up what you are trying to mend, especially after they were the exact ones that fucked you up in the first place.

I do believe that there comes a time when a person learns our own self worth. When we demand respect from every follicle of hair that lays itself on our bodies to the beds in which our nails grow. If you have no respect for me in this world or the after world then I have no room for you in my life. I am in search for genuiness, a love that surpasses all others. No matter where it comes from or from whose fingertips it may drip from. I demand it because God, promised it. I can not even attempt to tell someone how important I am or that I am somebody and one day you will regret how you treated me. No, I can only and will only purge them from my system and let their fate be their fate, whatever it may be.

Lay down some ground rules, demand what you know is yours. LIVE for you and for your day. LOVE like nobody's business and worship at the feet of The Almighty.

Today, I walked away from something that I thought would last me for my entire life. Something that I thought I would be holding on to and dragging with me every step of the way. Something that I once had my love wrapped around so tight that neither it nor I could breathe. Something that I dared not to measure, for fear that my cup would run over. Something that I could place on the top of a peda-stool and admire. Something that once meant my world. Something that was, in my eyes, always at it's best. Something that I always wanted the best of the best for.

I stayed there lingering on, allowing myself to be used in the most humiliating way because I could not fathom the thought of it needing me and me not being there for it.

I pray to God that he will bless me

Grace and Peace

No comments: