Wednesday, July 26, 2006

On this Weekend

There has been a certain amount of heaviness hanging over the days. I am not just talking about the clouds that cummulate late in the afternoon, but instead that sadness that consumes the atmosphere. A sadness so steep and so deep it seems to be cutting off my circulation.

Friends of mine recently lost their mother. (R.I.P.) The day was unlike any other that I had seen in a while. It felt dreary, unsettling and motherless. Sitting there in the church, I could feel the sweat beading up on the walls. I could smell the confusion in the air and I knew that somehow not one of the children that sat close to the altar, was at peace with their motherless day. Change will come: I believe that anyway.

The show on Saturday went smooth like a jazzy beat. I was in and out. It was live, I held their attention and not to mention "he" was there. My muse, the person that held my hand and walked me into my first venue and told me to do it. He had not seen me peform, he did not know what type of monster he had helped to create. I thank him. It was love in the place and allowed myself to be swallowed by it. I think that perhaps I even swam in it for awhile. Backstroking on what was beautiful to and for me. I thank them. Everyone was not there, but this time I didn't have pretend that he was standing against the wall, because this time he was he, he was there for me. I Thank you all.

Thank God (Alimighty)
Amen

No comments: